...this is what little boys are made of...and PURE MISCHIEF!
Jake has kept us on our toes today. It first started out with a nice breakfast, but Jake managed to down an entire waffle for breakfast...he was trying to fuel up for all the havoc he was going to cause today.
I was working and the kids were calmly sleeping in their beds for their standard morning nap. Then, at about 1045, I could hear them stirring and I went downstairs to pack their diaper bag for Grandpa Sivula to pick them up. As I was packing their milk cups, I hear Jake's baby monitor in the family room start to beep, meaning it has lost signal. So, I find that odd, but thought maybe it is temporary and will come back in. Then, I hear movement upstairs and panic thinking, 'OH NO! What if someone is in his room?!' (I know, not possible, but my mind plays tricks on me at times). So, I RACE upstairs and tear open his door to find him playing in his crib and he has pulled the baby monitor off of the windowsill and unplugged it from the wall and is playing with the chord. OH MY WORD...I run to him to take it away and almost in tears...he just looks at me and smiled and started to laugh. Thank you little boy, for giving your mom 15 new gray hairs in that moment.
Then, this afternoon, I get a call from my dad...'Erin, Jake had a piece of a plant in his mouth. I took it out, and don't think he injested it, as it was only 5 seconds, but you might want to call your doctor, ASAP.' Lovely. I call my doctor who encourages me to call poison control. I calmly dial poison control, and they assure me he is fine, as there were no teeth marks on the plant and this plant was not poisonous. So crisis number 2 averted.
Lord, give me strength with this crazy little boy...who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
...Just another manic monday...
Tally-O
13 years ago
Personally, I think when he gets like this, you should hand him off to Roger. Apples don't fall far from the tree.
ReplyDeleteBut he's so cute! Kid probably wanted to chew on the plant for some teething relief!! Poor little guy!
ReplyDelete