Caitlin,
Three years ago, your Daddy and I welcomed into our hearts and our lives, our very own little miracle. You, Caitlin Doran Haney, were born, and life as we knew it had changed forever...in the most amazing way possible. We learned what it was like to truly care for someone else more than ourselves. We learned that we will worry about this little person every second of every day for the rest of our lives. How is it possible that one tiny little person can bring so much love, worry, stress, wonderment, amazment, compassion, and pure joy to our lives? Well, you did. You are such a vibrant and amazing little girl who constantly keeps us on our toes. You learn something new daily and you have the most compassionate heart I have ever seen in a little girl (and yes, I am biased). You have this way of knowing when mommy is sad or just needs a hug. You can brighten even the darkest or saddest of days. And with you in our lives, a day cannot be sad. You truly bring sunshine to our lives. So, happy happy birthday, my beautiful girl. I can't imagine a day without you, and am so grateful that God gave you to us. I truly hope that I can be the best mommy for you, and give you the guidance and love that you need to be the most amazing woman someday.
When you were born, my cousin Meagan, your 'Aunt' Meagan, gave me a copy of a song that I adore, and I will forever think of you when I hear it...and I am so grateful that God blessed us with you, that I wanted to share a portion of this song with you...
'Your Whole Life Long' by Twila Paris
I pray that you will grow up, to be wise and good and true
I pray that you will please the lord in everything you do
I pray that you will heed his voice and learn to sing his song
I pray that you will follow him your whole life long
Happy Birthday, Peanut. We love you to the sky and back.
Love,
Mommy
Tally-O
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment